The Plum Shrug is a close fitting, short jacket, knitted top down in one piece, a la Barbara Walker. The sleeves are worked in a simple lace pattern from Walker’s First Treasury of Knitting Patterns. Edges are finished with two rows of single crochet. This sweater is easy to adjust to your particular fit or gauge as you work.
- Skill level: Intermediate: Involves easy lace, one-piece construction, following a chart, single crochet, buttonhole loops
- Gauge: 20 stitches and 28 rows = 4" in stockingette stitch
- Yardage: 545 - 872 yards (498 - 797 m) worsted weight cotton
- Finished measurements: Chest: 36 40, 44, 48, 52inches
- Length: 15 15, 15, 16, 16 inches