The Iron Mountain Hat is based on a traditional style common to many northern peoples. It is reversible with a double layer of knitting in the crown, while the fold-up brim offers four layers of protection for the ears. Shown in fingering weight handspun yarn, which gives the hat a rustic quality, but Harrisville New England Shetland would make a great substitution. The fold-up brim features a simple stranded design to add a bit of pizzazz to a winter wardrobe necessity.
- Shown in fingering weight hand spun
- Suggested substitute: Harrisville Designs New England Shetland
- Yarn weight: Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi)
- Gauge: 30 stitches and 39 rows = 4" in stockingette st.
- Needle size: US 1 - 2.25 mm, US 2 - 2.75 mm
- Sizes available: Medium